We are delighted to say that Ofsted have found John of Rolleston Primary to be a GOOD school.
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils from the latest Ofsted Report:
- This is a good school.
- Pupils make good progress in reading, writing and mathematics and leave school with standards that are above average.
- The teaching of letters and sounds in Year 1 is outstanding.
- Teachers have high expectations of what pupils can achieve and set them tasks that make them think and work hard.
- Pupils enjoy coming to school; their attendance is very high and improving year-on-year.
- Pupils behave well in lessons and at break times. They are polite and considerate of others.
- Pupils respond maturely and enthusiastically to the many opportunities which the school provides for them to take responsibility.
- The school continues to improve rapidly. Teaching and the subsequent progress made by pupils have improved significantly since the last inspection as a result of good leadership and management.
- The school has an effective team of subject coordinators who are playing an increasing part in driving the school forward.
- The strong governing body provide good support and challenge to the school’s senior leaders. Governors have high aspirations for the school and ensure that all staff work towards meeting them.
We are now on our journey to becoming an Outstanding school.