John of Rolleston Primary School


Keeping children safe in education is statutory guidance for schools and we must have regard to it when carrying out our duties to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.

This means that anyone in school should comply with it unless exceptional circumstances arise.  

You can find further information about how this school fulfills its duty by reviewing our policies and documents.

What to do if you have a safeguarding concern:

If you have a concern about the welfare or safety of a child at our school please speak to:

Mrs Mycroft - Designated Safeguarding Lead and Deputy Headteacher

Mrs McCaffrey - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead and Headteacher

Mrs Youngman - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead and SENCo


You can contact us via the school office on 01283 247515

You can also contact the Chair of Governors, Mr Copley, or our Safeguarding Governor, Mr Wells. if you have any concerns about child protection procedures or issues in our school. Contact details are available from the school office.

Our safeguarding poster is also displayed around the school with these details on it.

Child Protection in the Community

  • Have you got a serious concern about the safety of a child or young person up to the age of 18?
  • Do you think a child or young person is being harmed or is at risk of being harmed?
  • Are you worried that a child is living in circumstances where they are treated badly and not cared for properly?

If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions and you don’t believe that the child or young person is being supported by a Social Worker, please contact Staffordshire Children's Advice and Support Service immediately on 0300 111 8007 

(Outside office hours, please call 0345 604 2886).

Or you can use the secure web enquiry on the Report a concern area of the Staffordshire Children's Advice and Support Service webpage.

In an emergency, if you believe a child is in immediate danger, please call the Police on 999.


Useful contacts:


Safeguarding Children GOV UK

The Children's Society


Should you feel that you need to report an issue related to online material promoting terrorism or extremism, please do so immediately via the government website (you can remain anonymous).